среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

How to Create a Design Board via Phone and my Spring Bedding Plan

How to Create a Design Board via Phone and my Spring Bedding Plan

I recently shared my design secret to starting any room on THIS blog post. I will give some of it away if you missed it- find that one inspiration piece then look for the rest. After you have found several pieces you hope to use in your new space then a Design Board is essential to the planning. This will keep you from wasting time and money. After I shared that blog post a lot of my readers and the “Nesters” over in our private Facebook Group (you can find how to join HERE) they went crazy! I have never seen so many Design Boards! They all really looked fantastic and helped them get started designing their homes…and for all of us to give feedback.


I did receive several questions if the way I create Design Boards can be used on a iPhone or an iPad. And sadly no. There is an “App for that” but it is not as user friendly. I personally would never use an iPhone or an iPad to create a Design Board- just because I do it for a living. So it did not even occur to me to show you another way! So I tested out TWO ways to create a Design Board via a iPhone (and an Android option) or iPad and shared them both below.


How to Create Design Boards from Iphone and Ipad

Morpholio Board


  • This app was VERY user friendly!
  • I really liked that you could put in the website or search websites for items and then screen shot the item and shrink it down to any size. And since you linked to a website this will save all of those websites that you are finding your product on!
  • You can also layer the pieces for a pleasing to the eye Design Board while allowing you to fit in a lot of pieces.
  • PS- I have an iPhone and I did not see that it was available for an Android

Below is a tutorial of how to use Morpholio-


How to Create Design Boards from Iphone and Ipad

#1- Create a new board #2- Clear out the images that come up on your “new board” (not sure why you have that silly step) #3-Yes, clear everything #4- Select where photo is coming from (you can take a photo of pieces you already have or select from the Web)


How to Create Design Boards from Iphone and Ipad

#5- A box pops up and you can use your fingers to shrink the box exactly where you want to crop #6- Layer image on your board, you can pinch the image with your two fingers to shrink your image larger or smaller and move around on the board #7- Save your image to your phone #8- You can also share your Design Board on Social Media and you can also go back in and edit your Design Board later


POLYVORE


  • It is FREE, it is more of a Social Media App- meaning once you create a Design Board and “publish” others can see and “like” your creation
  • Downside- you can’t save your image to your camera roll
  • You can save your “sets” as drafts and go back to them at anytime and make changes, even after you hit Publish
  • One thing you can not do is create a new Design Board until you hit Publish
  • I give this an 8/10 because it was more annoying to screen shot every image rather than finding off of a website and you can only crop to a certain size
  • PS- I believe you can use this on Android and iPhone

Below is a tutorial of how to use POLYVORE-


How to Create Design Boards from Iphone and Ipad

#1- Click on the paint brush icon to get started #2- Go to editor #3- Select the camera icon on the right #4- Y0u will have had to taken a photo of your item or taken a screen shot to upload and then crop to size (they only shrink to a certain square size)


How to Create Design Boards from Iphone and Ipad

#5- Place your item where you want on your Design Board and you can layer and adjust the size with two fingers #6- Once your Design Board is complete hit “publish” you can choose to save as a draft but you will not be able to create a new design board unless you publish (you can also screen shot rather than publish) #7- Once you hit publish you can view all your “sets” and make changes and also your drafts are under “sets”


Design Board for Spring Bedding-


Hopefully that helped! I personally will stick to THIS way of creating via my MacBook. And since I am a HUGE believer in finding that one inspiration piece then creating a Design Board I thought I would share my most recent Design Board. I am working with Serna & Lily to use some of their new bedding collection. My inspiration piece was the Blush Shams! I just wanted a tiny bite of blush in our Master Bedroom (I loved when HGTV added it to the bed for our magazine feature). I already have the bed so I put that on my Design Board. Once I added the bed right I saw that the bedding needed some of the flax color that is on the actual bed to pull it together! Take a look….


How to Create Design Boards from Iphone and Ipad

I will share the finished look soon! And also make sure to include a video of how I make the bed look so “fluffy” (a question I love to get from you)!


Find how to Create Design Boards on your computer HERE


How to create a Design Board that is FREE and EASY

Join my newsletter subscription and get a chance to get your design question answered LIVE or on the blog!


Original article and pictures take nestingwithgrace.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий