среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

Getting Oily Stains Out Of Dark-Colored Clothing

Getting Oily Stains Out Of Dark-Colored Clothing

A few weeks ago I bought a new pair of cropped pants in a gorgeous coral color (coral is my new color crush!) Of course the first time I wore them I decided to make tacos and ended up inadvertently getting grease on them! Boo!!


More Ideas You'll Love


Normally I would be quite worried about this predicament because getting grease stains out without fading the colors can be tricky. Fortunately I figured out the answer to this problem awhile ago and it has been my go-to oily stain fighter every since. I have used this method so many times with such great results, I figured it was time I shared it with all of you.


I’ve actually shared this method for getting oily stains out of dark-colored clothing before….but it was more of an addendum to a post I did on how to get rid of yellow armpit stains. I think it’s high time we gave it it’s very own post. So here we go…… :-)


How To Get Oily Stains Out Of Dark-Colored Clothing


What You’ll Need:


  • Dawn dishwashing liquid
  • hydrogen peroxide
  • baking soda
  • an old toothbrush

Instructions:


1st – spray the stain with hydrogen peroxide until it is completely saturated.


2nd – put a small amount of Dawn liquid on the stain. For a small stain a couple of drops will do ya.


3rd – sprinkle a thin layer of baking soda on top.


More Ideas You'll Love

4th – take your toothbrush and scrub!


If it’s too runny, add a little more baking soda, it’s too thick, add a little more hydrogen peroxide. You want a nice paste.


Scrub the stain well and then walk away. Let sit for 1/2 hour to 1 hour, then launder as usual.


When it came out, grease was gone and pants were still the lovely coral color I’d initially fallen in love with! Now all they needed was a good pressing. :-)


I call that a happy ending!


* DISCLAIMER: As you can see, using peroxide did not fade my pants. However, if you are concerned about fading, try on an inconspicuous area first to test for color fastness.


Homemade Stain Remover Spray

Every “laundry professional” (ie. anyone who does laundry) needs a good stain remover in their laundry arsenal! It helps if that stain remover is cheap and effective. Luckily, this recipe for a homemade “Shout”-like stain pre-treater is all that and more! Easy & inexpensive to make AND works wonders! I’ve used this simple spray time and again with impressive results! I hope you love it as much as I do!


More Ideas You'll Love


I recently had someone ask me via the One Good Thing By Jillee Facebook page how they could get rid of the smell emanating from their trash compactor. ... Continue Reading


Homemade Stain Remover Spray

Homemade Stain Remover


Ingredients:


Start by combining just the baking soda and warm water in a bowl, and stir until the baking soda is completely dissolved.


Now mix everything else together and pour into a 24-oz spray bottle. If you don’t have a 24-oz bottle, this recipe is really easy to cut in half!


Now grab your stained clothing and get to work! I splashed my t-shirt with tomato sauce making Shepherd’s Pie on Sunday, but no worries, it will be good as new in no time. :-)


Before you use it, give it a good shake (especially if it’s been sitting around for a bit.) It does tend to separate a bit. But after a quick shake, it’s good to go! To use, simply spray on stains as you normally would. I usually let mine “soak in” for a few minutes. I also like to scrub the stain with an old toothbrush to really work-in the stain remover. Then launder as usual.


More Ideas You'll Love

And yet again, I’m left with a beautiful, stain-free tee-shirt!! I hope you find it helpful in your laundry room “battles!”


Do you have a favorite stain remover?



I recently had someone ask me via the One Good Thing By Jillee Facebook page how they could get rid of the smell emanating from their trash compactor. It wasn’t long after that I came across an idea for deodorizing diaper pail disks that I thought was so smart! I figured if these dandy disks could help with the smell in a container full of dirty diapers…it could certainly help with the trash compactor(or trashcan.)


More Ideas You'll Love

Wrinkle Release Spray

These would also work well behind a toilet, under a sink, or anywhere that could use a little freshening. And…they are so simple to make! You probably already have everything you need on hand right now.


The only difficult thing about this idea (at least for me!) was waiting for the disks to dry and harden. (Anything involving waiting has the potential to make me cranky. I am so impatient sometimes! I take after my dear Dad, and unfortunately, I think at least one of my kids has taken after me!)



DIY Deodorizing Disks


  • 2 cups baking soda
  • 1 – 2 cups distilled water (or you can boil your water for 10 minutes.)
  • Lavender essential oil (or whatever oil you choose. Citrus would be good too!)
  • Silicone mold or muffin pan

I decided to use these cute flower-shaped silicone molds. I thought they were appropriate. Flowers vs. Stink. :-)


Add a 3 to 4 drops of essential oil to approximately 1/2 cup water. Pour the water/oil mixture into the baking soda and mix well. Continue to add water until you have a THICK paste.


Divide the mixture into your molds or muffin tin cups.


Let dry 24 to 48 hours until completely hardened. Mine took about 24 hours…but live in an uber dry state! So depending on where you live…it could take a little longer.


I love the way they turned out. Cute design for a practical purpose! And they smell SO good!


More Ideas You'll Love

According to Jennifer at Diapers, Dirt, etc…each disk should last about a month in a diaper pail. I’m guessing a month is also long enough to leave them in a smelly trashcan or compactor. Then when you are ready to replace it, take the OLD disk and crumble it into a load of laundry to help deodorize there as well.


Now go forth and make the world a better smelling place to dwell!


Original article and pictures take www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий