среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

Friday Favorites Starts with- Organizing with Labels and We got New Doors!

Friday Favorites Starts with- Organizing with Labels and We got New Doors!

I am going to keep this Friday Favorites short and sweet! It feels like I have a lot of home projects I want to tackle and share with you. A fun new series about small space organizing I will be starting soon. I have compiled a list of questions I received from you about living in a small home. I don’t think this applies to just small home dwellers. Everyone could use some new ideas on staying organized and really a lot of it comes down to decluttering! There are so many good tips and hacks out there already but being reminded and seeing different ways of doing the same thing is a good thing! A way to make organizing more fun is a Label Maker! This might be old news to some of you- the DYMO labeler. I found some unique ways to use the DYMO other than just organizing. We also got new DOORS this past week! Sharing the details on those too.


Organizing Label Idea- Easy and Stylish

If you read yesterdays blog post I shared that my friend used THIS Label Maker to label all her sand from their travels. I bought it immediately, thinking of all the things I would label. First thing we labeled was our entry cabinet that has all coloring books, paper, cards, markers, music books and more.


Organizing Label Idea- Easy and Stylish

Ella wrote down everything we need to label each drawer with while I worked the label maker. It was a fun little organizing project we did together. Really love the black labels on THIS awesome storage piece we keep in our entry.


Organizing Label Idea- Easy and Stylish

More Ideas for Organizing with the DYMO Labeler


I noticed that Flat Creek Farmhouse on Instagram shared her gorgeous pantry all labeled with the same black labels. Oh it is so good!!


Favorite Label Maker- Organizing- DYMO

A few other creative ways to use the Dymo Label Maker and some fun HACKS!
Favorite Label Maker- Organizing- DYMO


Label Ideas Sourced HERE and HERE


Favorite Label Maker- Organizing- DYMO HACKS

New Interior Doors


New Solid Wood Interior Door

We got new doors! We previously had hollow-core doors just on the two doors upstairs. All of our doors on our main level are solid wood doors. We hired a local contractor who switched out the door frame and also replaced the doors (it is not recommended to replace just the door- they will not hang or close properly). I used THESE door knobs and now I want them on every door in our home! And now our doors will actually open and close without waking up the entire house! Our doors were ordered locally thru West End Lumber. I found a similar door HERE from Home Depot. We paid about $550/$600 for the door and the labor to change out one door and put the hardware on. I recommend calling around and getting bids- we were already having them work on our bathroom so we went with this contractor to do all of it. We painted them in Simply White from Benjamin Moore (painted our bathroom that color too, sharing that next week!).


New Solid Wood Interior Door

New Solid Wood Interior Door

Black and White Rug HERE // School House Light HERE around $20! (I spray painted the cap gold) // Stools HERE // Wall Lantern (old) Similar HERE


Other Favorite Things from the Week…


  • Everyone went crazy over THIS Mini Waffle Maker I shared on my Instagram Stories yesterday. I had over 10 people say “Thanks for the idea, I just ordered it for Easter Baskets!” So I ordered THIS cookbook for Ella for Easter. I love that they are mini and easy to use for kids starting to cook. (Ordered THIS waffle mix so Ella can did everything on her own!!).

Friday Favorites- Mini Waffle Maker- Easter Gift Idea


  • That pillow you all sold out so quickly has a replacement! Unfortunately the exact match sold out too after I shared it. But THIS one is the best size for a bed or mixed in on a sofa or sectional. Or THIS $6 20×20 is a really great simple patterned pillow.


Friday Favorites- Mini Waffle Maker- Easter Gift Idea

Wishing you a great weekend of nesting, pancakes and labeling!


Join my newsletter subscription and get a chance to get your design question answered LIVE or on the blog!


Original article and pictures take nestingwithgrace.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий