среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

Friday Favorites starts with Bathroom Storage Solution

Friday Favorites starts with Bathroom Storage Solution

I shared our little bathroom closet over on Instagram and I had a lot of questions. I thought I would share it here too. This closet is in our upstairs bathroom. It actually had bi-fold doors on it when we moved in. They would open on the right and it was really hard to get into! So we took the doors off and it was much easier to do then I thought. Simple bathroom storage solution done in 5 minutes….really! Think of taking the doors off an area that is not functional for you.


I kept everything in the small open closet white and light. Something about bathroom storage you want it to feel clean and fresh!


Bathroom Closet Idea- Storage Solutions

Here are some of the questions I received on our little bathroom-


Shelves– The shelves are 15″ apart. The shelves that were here before were not as deep (there needed to be space for the doors to fold back). We went to our local Home Depot and got shelves cut to size already painted white.


Wood Table– I had this little wood table in our front room at one point and one is also in Finn’s nursery for books. I decided to put it here to give a more finished look and add some texture. You can find it HERE.


Egg Dish– We have the girls earrings in that little egg dish- best solution for earring storage if you ask me! HERE


Whale Art– I have had that Whale Print for years. I couldn’t find it online, Minted has whales HERE


Tile– The tile is marble hexagon tile from a local tile shop. I used a light gray grout (I believe it was Mist Gray). Yes, I do like it and don’t have problem cleaning it. The only thing that bothers me is that when it is wet it is a different color- but it doesn’t stay wet for long!


White Baskets– Those baskets were all different colors and I spray painted them with a couple coats of white spray paint. Makes such a difference to stick to one color scheme in a small space. THESE are the baskets I have, come in a set of four. Or I found THESE singles.


Towels– I just got the set that are in the “guest towels” bin. They are micro-cotton and so very soft, find them HERE


That leads me to my last question- how do I keep my white towels white?? I think I got asked that because some of you know I don’t use harsh cleaning products, like Bleach. So I did some research and this is a great solution to keeping towels white in a less toxic way- 12 cups of water, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 1 cup hydrogen peroxide- mix 2cups of the mixture with your laundry detergent to wash your towels (I found that info HERE)


Favorite Sources for Unique Art

I just got this amazing original painting from Hamm Made Furniture– I love it! I really enjoy collecting artwork that is unique and looks like us! I wrote a blog post all about my favorite sources for art HERE and I added this piece to that post. I have to say that is one of my favorite blog posts- probably because a lot of my favorite pieces of art are all on one post! Some are original and some are prints, a variety of price ranges.


You can find Hamm Made Furniture HERE and make sure to check out their swings!


Favorite Sources for Unique Art

A few more favorite things from the week-


  • We started reading THIS book together with my girls and we all love it! We read about one or two stories of amazing women each night and discuss it. Highly recommend this.

  • Mark your calendar because I keep seeing tops I like at Target like THIS and they are “coming soon”.

  • Love THIS Cute V-Day Shirt! Just ordered it.

  • I think it is important to be aware of shapes in a space. I heard someone ask what style of coffee table they should do- they had a large round clock right above the sofa and the friend said to do a round because it will repeat that same shape. I thought it was so interesting because I say the OPPOSITE of that. If you have round coffee table I would do square or rectangle piece of art. So maybe you have a lot of square shapes- go for a large round wall basket like THIS or a Juju Hat like THIS!

  • I just found out that Oprah has a podcast! “Super Soul”. I listed to two and enjoyed it so far!

  • I met a girl while sitting at a play place the other night. She was so fun to talk to. I found out that she is into living a Toxin Free Life. I asked her what the most important thing is or the thing that she feels is the most toxic. Guess what she said??? Wi-fi! Yikes. She said that every night they flip their wi-fi off. And turn their phones on airplane mode. Anyways I am looking forward to talking to her again next week (hope I see her). I think it would make a fantastic blog post. Really simple changes I know I can make.

  • I want to add a sconce down the hall by our bedroom- loving THIS one or THIS one! I think the magic light trick will work with a shade too! (Find the trick HERE if you missed it).

  • When we went to Disney Land World! I had a lot of requests to write a blog post on it. I don’t think I will. I wasn’t a good blogger and hardly took any photos or kept any notes. I was just trying to enjoy it. Maybe next time I will be more prepared and Finn will be older:) Sorry for those who asked. But I am sure there is way better content on the subject than what I could offer! You are more than welcome to email me if you have a question!

Favorite Book for Girls- We read it nightly

I hope you have a great weekend! I am going to go get HGTV magazine…because our home is in it for March! I will be sharing all the behind the scenes coming up soon!


Join my newsletter subscription and get a chance to get your design question answered LIVE or on the blog!


Original article and pictures take nestingwithgrace.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий