среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

Top 5 Most Bang for Your Buck Ideas to do in your Home

Top 5 Most Bang for Your Buck Ideas to do in your Home

Love this idea of sharing what YOU can do in your home to get the most Bang for your Buck! Kind-of like saying if you just do these five things you will be healthier or happier. But of course we are talking about changes you can make in your home. The way I decided my Top Five ideas is I thought of what things I have noticed are lacking in recent projects I worked on and also questions I get from YOU, my loyal readers.


Kris by Driven by Decor came up with this idea along with- Pam of Simple Details, Lisa of Shine Your Light, Jennifer of Dimples & Tangles. They invited me to join as a guest host! So make sure to check out their awesome ideas linked at the end my post! So fun to see what budget friendly tips they have.


NUMBER ONE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK IDEA- HOUSEPLANTS


One of the first things I notice that is missing in a space is LIFE! I really believe that every room needs something living in it, a houseplant. Now you might say “I am not good with plants”. Well, I don’t think it is a natural skill. I personally just read a lot of tips and practiced! Just like cooking. You will get better at it and have less casualties. Adding a real houseplant or a large tree will give you a BIG BANG FOR YOUR BUCK! Yes- even way more than a faux plant. Find all of my favorite Houseplants and Tips HERE. Look at the photo below and imagine it without the tall Fiddle Leaf Fig- it wouldn’t have the big BANG right??


Top 5 Most Bang for Your Buck in your Home

NUMBER TWO BANG FOR YOUR BUCK IDEA- PAINT


I think we all know that paint can dramatically change the look of a room and offer a Big Bang! I am going to be even more specific and say painting a rug on your deck! I feel like after we painted our deck in a strip pattern it made the biggest impact to the space. Even more than an outdoor rug would. It didn’t cost much at all and was done rather quickly (well, I can say that because my awesome hubby Kevin did it!). See more of our Outdoor Deck HERE.


Outdoor Patio Space- Painted Stripe Deck and Maximizing Small Backyard Deck

NUMBER THREE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK IDEA-LIGHTING


If you don’t have accent lighting in the form of lamps, pendants or a sconce, you should! It will really give your home a lift. I actually just added some inexpensive little remote lights under our kitchen cabinets. We had built-in lights to a switch in our last home and I LOVED turning them on at night. And these bring me just as much joy. I used the sticker that came with it to attach to the underside of the cabinet and pushed them far to the back. I also used Velcro to attach the remote inside my cabinet door. You can set it to a timer also. Find the exact lights I used HERE. And also find my “magic light trick” HERE where you can add light to any wall sconce without having to hardwire it or plug them in!


Top 5 Most Bang for Your Buck in your Home

Top 5 Most Bang for Your Buck in your Home

Top 5 Most Bang for Your Buck in your Home

NUMBER FOUR BANG FOR YOUR BUCK IDEA- WALLPAPER


I bet you are not shocked I said that. But wallpaper can really add that “wow” factor! And make a big impact for not a lot of money. For instance I like to change up the wallpaper on the small wall behind our piano. I use temporary wallpaper that you will find can be really affordable. For instance for that little wall it was about $300- less or about what could be spent on a large piece of art. You don’t need to pay anyone to do it, it is really easy to do and no special supplies are needed- not even wallpaper paste. It is like a giant sticker that actually peels right off without damage to your wall. Find all of my favorite wallpaper sources HERE and where else I have wallpaper in our home, if you missed it!


Top 5 Most Bang for Your Buck in your Home

Top 5 Most Bang for Your Buck in your Home

NUMBER FIVE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK IDEA- WINDOW TREATMENTS


I can’t not mention that window treatments will hands down give you the most bang for your buck. I think THE MOST ASKED QUESTION I get on social media is “where are your woven wood blinds from??” I can see why. They really add so much to a room. I recently remodeled two rooms- one for my sister-in-laws nursery and one for my friends family room. Both rooms I added bamboo woven wood blinds to- and YES we removed the wood blinds. I don’t really like to say something is not good for a room because I think everyone should do what makes THEM happy in their home. But honestly removing your wood blinds will make you happier because more light will come into your homes and into your life!! Window treatments should FRAME YOUR VIEW not block it. They should be the EYELINER to your room. So when in doubt go with a black curtain rod and white curtain panels- they will stand the test of time. Read the blog post where I took down the wood blinds and added bamboo shades and inexpensive white curtain panels HERE. Make sure to notice how high I hung them and how they are just off of the molding- not blocking any of the window. And find where I talk about our Bamboo Shades HERE.


Top 5 Most Bang for Your Buck in your Home

I really hope that gave you a few ideas that you can tackle in your home and feel like it made the biggest BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!


I was inspired by all the ideas everyone else shared- here are some of their great tips you need to check out!


Kris – Driven by DecorPainted Bathroom Tile and Gallery Wall Idea


Pam – Simple DetailsStencil Wall to look like Wallpaper and Painting Kitchen Tile and Furniture


Lisa – Shine your LightPainting Interior Doors and Adding Pea Stone (I almost added this to my list, we did this to our walk-up)


Jennifer – Dimples & TanglesAdding Trim to your Walls and Painting a Bathroom to look like Wallpaper


Join my newsletter subscription and get a chance to get your design question answered LIVE or on the blog!


Original article and pictures take nestingwithgrace.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий