среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

HOUSE PLANTS…What Survives and Why You Need Them Now

HOUSE PLANTS…What Survives and Why You Need Them Now

House plants…the truths and lies…



Let’s start with the truths…


1. Greenery, especially at this time of year, brings freshness indoors, where we are typically spending more time.


2. Plants clean the air. I picked up these bromeliads at the grocery store. They make an easy dining room centerpiece for every day.



3. Indoor plants are really on trend. In some cases, the more the merrier (trés boho)… in our daughter’s apartment.



(real philodendron on the lampstand, faux leaves in the wood vase, air plant in the glass hand, real mini cactus). All of these plants are durable.


Ok. The Lies…


1. Sometimes they are difficult to keep alive… that is actually sort of a truth, right?



I refuse to buy this maidenhair ANYMORE. See how it’s already dying after three weeks?



Buy a Boston fern instead as it will last longer and be less finicky.


2. Mixing in faux with real plants (or flowers) makes them appear more authentic.


3. If you absolutely don’t have a green thumb (or the plants are hard to reach to water) or if you travel a lot…buy high-end silk plants and dust them regularly. I’ve been known to ask clients to take faux ivy plants outside and hose them off (only good looking ones) otherwise donate to someone that doesn’t read decorating blogs ��



That the top shelf is a little hard to water so the faux fern adds some freshness. I just bought it at Pottery Barn but can’t find it on their website now…it’s in the store though.


Here are some plants that will give your home a nice little lift and make it look current. I have a ZZ plant like the one on the left…and forget/neglect it and it’s still alive!



These new snake plants in my office have me feeling happy! I put this moss in the base of all my plants and I think it helps the soil stay moist (and looks good, too).



See the new growth on this fiddle leaf fig tree? It’s been healthy for almost five years. All I can say is I water it once a week and it gets a lot of indirect sunlight (placement is key). And this plant polish works so well.



This Faux tree might work for you if you don’t have the right lighting. I like the taller one.


I’ve had this dracaena plant for several years, too. And there is not much sunlight in our bedroom. There is that moss again.



There you have it!! Brighten your life with some plants!


I saw these silk flowers in my local Pottery Barn this past weekend…pretty fun.



Do you have any houseplants that you swear by? I’d love to know!!!



Original article and pictures take classiccasualhome.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий