среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

Friday Favorites- My Favorites Right Now

Friday Favorites- My Favorites Right Now

Hello! Today I thought it would be fun to chat about my personal Favorite Things right now. From Favorite TV Series to a Favorite Conversation I had recently.


Favorite Things- Glass Cups, Flowers, Letterboards and Books

Design Trend- I don’t think it is a trend but a pattern I notice myself leaning towards- a piece of black in every room. I look at photos online and think- that room just needs some depth or a tiny bit of contrast. Amazing what you see when you take a picture. Also a touch of pink in every room- why not have a feminine and a masculine touch in every space.


Four Things I find myself saying when talking about homes- “Do you LOVE it? Then do it!” “Hide the Cords” “Get a real plant” and “Lower your TV”


TV Series- Right now I am enjoying “Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee” with Jerry Sienfield. I just love how he asks questions and creates such great conversations. And he is hilarious with his guests. Great series on Netflix!


Favorite Things- Glass Cups, Flowers, Letterboards and Books

Clothes- Still loving THIS black overall dress and THIS Check Top. Still dressing like my house. (Took a new profile pic…good old self timer!).


Food- I am pretty basic- yet I would say I am high-maintance in the way that I want good healthy food. Doesn’t have to be fancy. Just some veggies and protein. Favorite thing I could eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner is a Frittata. (Find the recipe HERE).


Quote- “We aren’t promised tomorrow” I don’t know who originally said it but a reader shared it with my on THIS Instagram Post. I was talking about balancing home choices with our preference and also considering resale. And she said “We aren’t promised tomorrow.” Basically, enjoy your home today. And I agree with that 100%. So I don’t know why I was getting hung up on the bathroom! Really we could base a lot of our daily choices off of that one saying.


Accessories- I am just a lover of accessories and little things. I try to simplify but I really enjoy creating little vignettes and taking photos. So here are my new favorite things- PINK CUPS from Ikea CLEAR GLASS CUPS from Target. We love this little station because our 7 year old, Lola can easily reach the cups. Also I did get the new GOLD LETTERS for our Letterboard. Kind of fun to mix them in.


Favorite Things- Glass Cups, Flowers, Letterboards and Books

Conversation- My sister Brittany visited us two weeks ago and it was a blessing. Finn caught an ear infection and Kevin was out of town- I really needed her. Anyways I was asked to talk in church to a group of young women about how I recently dealt with losing a loved one (my friend who took her life). She and I had lost touch about 6 years ago, but she was my best friend all through High School, our lives just took different paths and interests. I thought my sister might have more experience with this question because she lost a baby after only 14 hours of life (he was born with a heart condition). I asked her how she was able to get back into life? She said that she clearly remembers being very sad, staying inside for a week with the blinds pulled tightly closed. Then one day she had an impression- it is time. Time to open the blinds and literally and figuratively let the light in. Her neighbor called her and said “Your blinds are open! So happy to see you!” She allowed God’s light and love to come in and heal and help her cope. I think of this daily- letting the light in.


Inspiration- I get a lot of inspiration by popping into Anthropolgie or Shop Terrain. I might not buy anything but I leave feeling excited about design and creating a home for my family. We stopped in the other night to Anthropolgie I can’t stop thinking about THESE PILLOWS. I did come home and order THIS book below off of Amazon for less. We are about an hour and 20 minute drive to New York so we love books about New York and especially desserts!


Favorite Things- Glass Cups, Flowers, Letterboards and Books

Favorite Three Questions-


I saw on Cup of Joe ask 5 Questions and 564 people answered them (and counting). I took three of them-


What do you look forward to each day? Me: Working Out. I honestly love it that much. I will hire a babysitter just so I can workout then I will stay up until 1 in the morning to finish a blog post or work. Beauty of getting to choose how we spend our time.


What is worrying you? Me: My time management (funny from my last answer)


Where do you want to travel to? Africa- to an African Safari


I would love for YOU to share some of your Favorite Things with me or answer the Three Questions!


Original article and pictures take nestingwithgrace.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий