среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

Cleaning Stove Top Burner Grates

Cleaning Stove Top Burner Grates
Cleaning Stove Top Grates

Have you ever taken a close look at the burner grates on your stove? They are disgusting! It’s just built up grease and crumbs and burnt on pieces of food. Seriously gross! I found a solution on Pinterest, and it works like magic!


Here’s What You’ll Need:

Cleaning Stove Tops Grates

  • Ammonia– note of caution, do not mix ammonia with any other cleaner or bleach!!!
  • A covering for you nose (preferable, but not necessary)

I know I’ve stressed avoiding the chemically smell of cleaning products over my past few posts, and today, I admit, we’re using the worst smelling stuff… ammonia. I highly recommend covering your nose while using it, and use it where it’s well ventilated. However, this stuff works wonders at breaking down all that grime! (If anyone knows of a product that works just as well without the smell, I’m all ears).


Here’s a picture of my grates prior to cleaning… nasty!


Dirty Grill Grates

Directions:

You are going to take a grate and put it into a Ziploc bag, then add 1/4 cup ammonia. The ammonia does not have to be touching the entire grate. Seal the bag and put it on the baking sheet. For some reason, at least one of my bags always leaks a little, so the baking sheet catches any drips. Do this for each grate, and let them sit overnight.


Cleaning Grill Grates 2

The next morning, you’ll want to grab that mask again and open up the windows. Pull the grates out of the bags and rinse them with warm water. A lot the the grime will rinse right off, but you will need to use a washcloth or scrubber to gently rub off the burnt-on stuff. When you’re done, your grates will look brand new.


Clean Grill Grates

Look at how shiny and clean those things are! Like I said… magic!


Want to Follow Along with Lemons, Lavender, & Laundry? Subscribe!

Every email subscriber is entered into a monthly giveaway for products I think you’re gonna love. Learn more here.

Social media more your style? I’d love to have you follow along:

Facebook // Pinterest // Instagram // Twitter // Google+


Love it? Pin it!

This trick to getting those stove top grates clean is so easy. Wish I'd seen this before!

Original article and pictures take www.lemonslavenderandlaundry.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий